Registration for importing/manufacturing/packing of packaged commodities
- All the premises of import or packing mentioned in the Registration Certificate
- For the items mentioned in the Registration Certificate.
Registration for import of weights and measures
|No person shall import any weight or measure unless he is registered with the Director in such manner and on payment of such fees, as may be prescribed.||19 read with penal section 38|
|It is prohibited to import any non-standard weight or measure (non-metric or not in accordance with Indian standards), singly or or as a part or component.||20 read with penal section of 39|
Offenses under Section 38 and 39 may be compounded by the Director of Legal Metrology only.
Procedure for Registration
- The application should be submitted in prescribed form, through the State Controller, to the Director of Legal Metrology, along with the prescribed fee (Rs. 100.00) at least one month before the import. The Controller will forward the application along with a report on antecedents and technical capabilities of the importer.
- The registration will remain effective for 5 years and is renewable.
- The importer is entitled to carry on importing, until the registration is refused after a show cause notice is issued and the reply thereto is disposed.
Down load the Application Format